Build a Career With Excel
Electrical Construction Apprentice
Are you ready to work for a growing company with a great culture? We are looking for passionate, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a growing company that is proud of its focus on family and quality customer service. Are you a change agent? Do you like helping others? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes”, then read on!
Excel Services Inc. is a fast-growing company and we are looking to hire skilled Electricians and Helpers.
These are full-time opportunities and include free medical and dental benefits for single policies, and discounted policies for families, matching 401k, apprenticeship training for helpers, and paid vacation and PTO. Some of the projects will include overtime.
Journeymen & Apprentice Electrician Requirements:
- 3-6 months experience for Helpers; 2+ years of industrial electrical experience for Journeymen & Apprentice
- Must be able to run/bend rigid and EMT conduit
- Previous experience with underground work preferred
- Strong knowledge and awareness of safety
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug-free at all times
- Installing power supply wiring and conduit such as EMT, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems such as switch gears, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, conveyor systems, lighting, and power supplies
- Maintaining current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Directing or training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
Excel Services has been recognized as a leading design-build contractor with “multiple disciplines under one roof” serving commercial, industrial and institutional customers in the Greater Louisville / Southern Indiana market for several years now. The company has been identified as one of the fastest-growing businesses in the country by INC Magazine.
- 401K Match
- Company Gym
- Health Benefits Start Date of Hire
- Paid Time Off