Build a Career With Excel
Executive Director of Construction Operations
Excel Services, Inc. is a full-service Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Technology Design/Build, Contracting and Maintenance firm based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Named “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies” by INC. Magazine in 2020, Excel Services has built its reputation through decades of creating buildings that help people perform better.
As your single-source solution, our core values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation instill confidence and satisfaction in everything we do, while our multidisciplinary model assures you the very best integrated thinking on every project.
For buildings that work better, choose the partner who works better. Choose Excel.
We help people create buildings that perform better.
Help people create enduring commercial environments that make every space personalized, productive, and comfortable.
- Teamwork – We collaborate with teammates and our customers to proactively solve problems using our expertise and experience
- Integrity – We do the right thing, treating every customer and each teammate with honesty and respect, even when it is not the easy thing to do.
- Innovative – We are students of ever-changing technology, market and customer needs so we can anticipate and meet those needs.
- Quality – We only offer solutions we’re proud to stand behind. Designed to last, crafted from superior materials, and installed by the finest skilled tradesmen in the industry: that’s the mark of Excel.
- Accountable – We are a group of professionals that takes ownership for everything we touch. When we make commitments to a teammate or a customer, they know they can count on us to deliver ever time and communicate solutions to any problems that arise.
- Loyalty – We are a group of professionals dedicated to the company mission, the community we serve to each other.
Responsible for managing the Company’s construction operations. Working directly with the Company President, COO, and Project Managers to ensure that construction projects are properly handed off, maintained and completed, and closed out. Ensures that all departments of company collaborate to best use company assets throughout the completion of all projects through internal review and established control procedures.
Develops, recommends and implements new control procedures, as necessary, assuring compliance with Company policies. Assists with preparation project budgets through assessing and analyzing of operational and financial risks that may be encountered in the execution of planned construction projects. Provides strategic direction for the construction departments; helps to perform the day-to-day planning, implementing, managing and controlling of all construction activities of the company, including operations coordinating, financial management of current projects, forecasting manpower, planning, back-office field reporting, cost allocations / controls, reporting, inventory, and internal controls.
Strives for continuous improvement in cost of operations and construction processes. Maintains professional and industry knowledge. Also acts in partnership with the Company President, COO and Project Managers as a Company liaison for external and internal consultations, audits, and reviews.
Ten (10) years Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing design build project management experience. Thorough understanding of commercial & industrial construction. Successful experience managing a team and enhancing productivity. Understanding of financial and project management software. Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Desire for professional growth and development. Demonstrated cognitive problem-solving abilities and strong analytical and critical thinking skills. High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Lead, Manage, Accountability
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of managing large construction projects
- Knowledge of all commercial skilled trades
- Knowledge of process improvement and process collaboration
- Knowledge of budget management
- Advanced skill with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required (oral, written, and presentation)
- Creative problem solver with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail skills.
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic with a high amount of personal ownership of their work.
- Ability to take the initiative and have a proactive approach to solving problems with minimal supervision
- Enjoys a fast-paced and frequently changing environment, able to be responsive to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Organized in the approach of work execution and handling multiple tasks effectively
- Strong ability to delegate tasks intelligently for optimal workforce use
- Good analytical and organizational abilities are of great importance
- Possess good leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team or even lead a team when called upon
- Ability to read and interpret specifications
- Ability to be proactive and also to foresee events and react appropriately towards them
- The ability to multitask and strategize in different situations is also relevant
- Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to perform work behind a computer in an office setting for extended periods of time
- Ability to navigate around construction job sites
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Background check
- Proof of work experience
This description describes the general content and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- 401K Match
- Company Gym
- Health Benefits Start Date of Hire
- Paid Time Off