Build a Career With Excel
Mechanical Construction Estimator
Are you ready to work for a growing company with a great culture? We are looking for passionate, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of an expanding company that is proud of its focus on family and quality customer service. Are you a change agent? Do you like helping others? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to fall in love with your career? If you answered “yes”, then read on!
Excel Services, Inc. is looking for career-orientated Mechanical Construction Estimator to write estimates on commercial and industrial projects.
Excel Services is a full-service Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Technology Design/Build, Contracting and Maintenance firm based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Named “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies” by INC. Magazine in 2020, Excel Services has built its reputation through decades of creating buildings that help people perform better.
As your single-source solution, our core values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation instill confidence and satisfaction in everything we do, while our multidisciplinary model assures you the very best integrated thinking on every project.
We help people create buildings that perform better.
Help people create enduring commercial environments that make every space personalized, productive, and comfortable.
- We collaborate with teammates and our customers to proactively solve problems using our expertise and experience
- We do the right thing, treating every customer and each teammate with honesty and respect, even when it is not the easy thing to do.
- We are students of ever-changing technology, market and customer needs so we can anticipate and meet those needs.
- We only offer solutions we’re proud to stand behind. Designed to last, crafted from superior materials, and installed by the finest skilled tradesmen in the industry: that’s the mark of Excel.
- We are a group of professionals that takes ownership for everything we touch. When we make commitments to a teammate or a customer, they know they can count on us to deliver ever time and communicate solutions to any problems that arise.
- We are a group of professionals dedicated to the company mission, the community we serve to each other.
Our great benefits package includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Holiday PTO
- Paid Training
- Great working environment
- Team Incentive Bonuses
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position is responsible for developing Commercial/Industrial DESIGN BUILD Electrical estimates to provide an adequate volume of work for our growing M.E.P. company to meet its annual revenue and profit goals.
- Accurately enter take offs and quotes into our Fast Pipe and Fast Duct estimating software.
- Secure Quotes, prepare scope letters, maintain estimate files & folders.
- Ensure the estimates are accurate by double checking the quotes, counts, costs, hours, etc.
- The Estimator will attend pre-planning meetings; make sure there is a smooth flow of information to the Project Manager, Job Foreman, Purchasing, Safety, Accounting, etc. as it relates to the estimate.
- Attend project close out meetings to compare the estimates with actual job cost.
- Provide outstanding customer service through relationship building, engaging in regular software & industry training and completing other job-related activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required (oral, written, and presentation)
- Creative problem solver with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail skills.
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic with a high amount of personal ownership of their work.
- Ability to take the initiative and have a proactive approach to solving problems with minimal supervision
- Enjoys a fast-paced and frequently changing environment, able to be responsive to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Organized in the approach of work execution and handling multiple tasks effectively
- Minimum of three-(3) to five-(5) years of experience estimating commercial and industrial design build projects. Related field experience in international mechanical code, commercial/industrial mechanical project management, and commercial/industrial mechanical installation.
- Administrative skills to generate professional proposals.
- Understanding of estimating practices, estimating software, and proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Ability to work and understand basic design build and plan and specific projects.
- 401K Match
- Company Gym
- Health Benefits Start Date of Hire
- Paid Time Off